Whether the grounds of your divorce or the distribution of your assets or debts are in dispute, your lawyer’s ability to present evidence, make evidentiary objections and argue your position is imperative to the success of your case.
Upon decreeing the dissolution of a marriage, Virginia Courts have jurisdiction to distribute marital property and debts. A court will determine whether property is classified as marital or separate or a combination of marital and separate property.
In determining how marital property will be distributed, courts must consider a multitude of factors including, but not limited to:
- the parties’ contributions to the marriage
- the duration of the marriage
- the age and physical condition of the parties
- the factors that caused the dissolution of the marriage
- how and when property was acquired
- and the parties’ debts and liabilities
Working together, we will see that your interests are protected and that your case is properly presented. Without proper representation, your case will suffer. With Janus & Stone, P.C. by your side, we will help you get what you deserve.